Monday, June 11, 2012

Hello Monday - Minutiae


Well hello Monday! You came back around awfully quick since last week!

Last week my internet was iffy and my head was a bit undone, so I wasn't able to spend any time here in my shiny place.
Then I went away for the weekend, to the coast and sucked up some much needed salt air and down time. I've photos of that and I'll be sure to post a post beach weekend something soon.

Speaking of photos, done dropped the camera and busted my lens! It's my only everyday lens and already I am feeling a bit lost without it. I've got the instagram in the meantime, but really that's more for a quick fix and I prefer photography from my camera so...today you get a couple of random shots from last week's sewing session.


This week is the last of school days. Tomorrow is a class bowling party - a gajillion first graders walking a long stretch of city blocks to bowl - along with a few of us parents for herding purposes. Thursday is the very last day and then I will no longer have a first grader in the house!

There are some busy back yard projects going on; a fence is going up, a patio is going down, and the pesky squirrels are peskier than ever.

There you have it, my Hello Monday Minutiae.

What little details are happening in your world?




14 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry about your lens! But it sounds like you had a nice weekend. :)

andrea creates said...

sounds like quite a week!
have a good monday :)

Flaming Nora said...

Happy Monday to you.
Hope its going to be a Sunny Happy week.
xx

june at noon said...

I have nothing but little details right now. We've moved house, and I'm up to my elbows in details. Ugh. :)

Sherri B. said...

Oh no, not your lens! Some things are more painful than others, that's all I will say on it, except, so sorry.

It doesn't seem possible that the one that used to be called Pony Girl, will be going in to the second grade. it seems like yesterday that you told us about her crying the first few days of kindergarten.

So nice that you will be getting a fence and patio just in time for summer. xo

Annie Cholewa said...

Ouch at the busted lens. I'd be lost without mine.

Loving the fabric in that last pic, and do I spy the whole joy of a dress in your header?

Anonymous said...

I love ur Blog!! <3

Jennie said...

How gorgeous is that sleeve?!
Not good about the camera lens, I know what you mean about preferring to use the camera. (not that i'm on the Instagram yet! argh!)XX

vintage grey said...

Happy Monday! So sorry to hear about your lens. Lovin' your sewing creations! I was a 2nd grade teacher, and it is such a fun year. Much to look forward to! Wishing you a wonderful week! xo Heather

Katiebee said...

sorry about the lens! that little one is as my granny would say "is growing like a weed!"
have a great week!

katie

Susan J Barker said...

too bad about the lens, I noticed the fabric in your photos is the same as one of the dresses in your banner! I have a quilt from about 20 years ago with that fabric! it is an oldie but an goodie as they say...

teddybearswednesday said...

SOunds like a glorious weekend!
I'm the same about preferring photographing with my camera than my phone, the phone distorts so many of my bears, and just things in general. HOpe it gets fixed soon.
and big times at your household. the end of the 1st grade era, big love to you xo

Wendy said...

Here's hoping your lens recovers soon, and I hope your "herding duties" went well today--I admire your bravery in chaperoning a field trip 2 days before school is out--Wow! ;)

silverpebble said...

The truly wonderful results of said sewing session have just travelled down the pavement at high speed on a scooter! Thankyou *so* much