Friday, June 1, 2012

You are a Star! or A Bookish Sneak Peek

Happy Friday folks!

As I look at my calendar, I see amongst the scribbles and red marker most important things to do covering the pages, that we are very nearly at the end of our school year. That means Summer break is coming! It also means that 'Field Day' was yesterday, which I have renamed "Day of the Savage Popsicle!'. Incidentally, it was also the day that I decided to start an all girl band (girl being a relative term) called 'Savage Popcicle!' I'll be holding auditions shortly if anyone is up for it. Anyway, back to the end of the school year...much to-doing indeed. On the docket we have the annual Rummage Sale, Farm Fun, End of year Hootenannies, etc. I think Pony Girl and I are looking forward to a little break.

Well, onto today's doings. I am breaking some rules today and giving a little sneaky peek at a project that is in my upcoming book, Simple Sewing with Lola Nova! Sshhh, don't tell.

See this little chook of a skirt, I'm a sucker for a chicken skirt you know? Those groovy star patches take it from just alright to "pretty awesome" so Pony Girl tells me.

In my book I show you how to make your own sew on patches and badges! It is an addictive thing this pretty patch making, because they look so good on all sorts of things; skirts, jackets, book bags, backpacks, aprons, teas towels, Vespa scooters...well you get the idea!

So there you have it, my first sneaky peek from the book! There will be more to come as we get closer to print, so stay tuned folks!

And on the subject of Pony Girl - I have been solemnly informed by the girl that she is no longer to be called Pony Girl. When asked what she might prefer she said, "My name is my name and if you can't use that then call me nothing." This has left me scratching my head and pondering over my little 7 year old no name girl. Hmmmmm...

Have a wonderful weekend friends!





8 comments:

Flaming Nora said...

Enigma. Lets call her enigma.
Oh and I can't sing, I can't play any musical instruments, but I can clap out of time and I can make us all some spiffing capes.
Please can I be in savage popsicle.
May be I'll try taking up the spoons.

Floss said...

I see there's a fitness coach blogging under the name 'Girl With No Name'... Also an episode of Grey's Anatomy, which is a bit more sinister. A song by The Byrds...

But how can you tell her the name is taken?

Lovely little patches. I'm thinking I need some for my Jubilee outfit tomorrow - all in patriotic colours, of course!

Mom L said...

Oh, no! No more Pony Girl? OK, Little Precious Sweetums, we'll have to come up with something New and Shiny! Hmmmmmm...you do remind me of a Hummingbird, you're so quick and pretty!!!

Nancy in Iowa

Sherri B. said...

Oh, I agree with 'Nothing', that the badges have made that dress "pretty awesome". -

I laughed at the former P.G. and the sweet drama with the name. Perhaps she will reconsider taking on a new alias if it something special...maybe if we give her a little time.

Now that you've given us a sneak peek of the goodies in the book, it will be even harder to wait until fall.

Have a great weekend! xo

vintage grey said...

What a wonderful sneak peak!! I am so excited for your book to come out!! Love the badge, and the chicken skirt! Salvage Popsicles, sounds like fun! Count me in! ;) I guess they get that age where sweet names are not so fun to have! ;) Hopefully she'll change her mind! Have a lovely weekend! xo Heather

Tas said...

So excited for you!

My daughter announced that her family nickname "Maisy Mae" was no longer acceptable but only to her grandparents. Apparently it is OK for her brothers and parents to continue as is. Not sure why.

But she wil be Maisy Mae to me till the day she dies so regardless of how she feels, she is just going to have to suck it up basically.

Unknown said...

You've been busy! Love the sneak peek. :)

teddybearswednesday said...

it looking utterly fabulous!
sniffle it's a wee bit sad about Pony Girl, but at least she knows what she wants in life xo